Hello from the UK

Hier können sich neue Mitglieder vorstellen!
Antworten
Nachricht
Autor
Smudger
Vespa: GTS 300
Land: UK

Hello from the UK

#1 Beitrag von Smudger » Mi 31. Mär 2010, 14:57

As the title says hello from the UK, my name is Mark and I'm an administrator on the Vespa GTS Owners Club forum www.gtsownersclub.co.uk.

Your forum was found by one of our members and I have been viewing this through a translation site as I dont really speak anything other than English :oops:

As it seems we have many common interests in the modern Auto Vespas I where wondering if you fancied forming an alliance of sorts between our two groups with a view to maybe meeting up on what we would call European rallies.

Personally I'm going to be attending rallies in France this year at Coulbesoul in April (Nr Lille) and Beatsugar (Amiens) in June as well as my club (Norwich Broadsmen) holding a rally at the Motorcycle Loft Hotel in Oudenburg, Belgium over the August bank holiday weekend other members of the forum will be attending the Run to The Castle rally in Tilff near Leige Belgium in early September.

Anyway congratulations on a great site and thanks for listening. 8-)

doadro
Vespa: LX50 & PK50XL
Land: Deutschland

Re: Hello from the UK

#2 Beitrag von doadro » Mi 31. Mär 2010, 15:10

hello back!

Seems to be a nice idea. Let`s wait for some further replies.

Regards
Bild

Konsul des Generalkonsulates der Prodomofahrer Portugals (Aveiro)

Marathon69
Vespa: Flori 3-Gang
Land: Prodomo

#3 Beitrag von Marathon69 » Mi 31. Mär 2010, 15:19

Hi Mark!

See you in London/Brighton :mrgreen:
http://vespaforum.de/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=2108

da-cat
Vespa: GTS300-Alpincruiser
Land: CH

#4 Beitrag von da-cat » Mi 31. Mär 2010, 15:36

hi smudger

welcome to vespaforum.de!

I guess the most of us know your side and also some of us follow the discussions of modervespa.com.

You probably will be able to meet someone of us in Brighton (13. - 16. May 2010)
-> (thread of the discussion).

The rest of our activity is more or less in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.

Nevertheless is the one or the other for shure will be interested to meet you and the others in Belgium!?

Our event calendar you can find here: calendar

ciao da-cat
Zuletzt geändert von da-cat am Mi 31. Mär 2010, 18:20, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
*** "Rasen ist was für Gärtner - Geniesser bevorzugen Kurven" ==> Get the flow - drive more curves ***

Tomaso
Vespa: GTS 300 Super

#5 Beitrag von Tomaso » Mi 31. Mär 2010, 16:46

Welcome, Mark

...and Prost :bier:

Nice, to meet you here

Tom
Verband der Prodomo-Fahrer - Niederlassung: Pfefferminsk
Bild

Moonie
Vespa: Px

#6 Beitrag von Moonie » Mi 31. Mär 2010, 17:51

Hello Mark and welcome :bier:
Bild
There is no dark side of the moon really , matter of fact is all dark

Matt
Land: Rheinland

#7 Beitrag von Matt » Mi 31. Mär 2010, 22:22

Welcome to the Vespaforum.de

If you are traveling in our area (Bonn, Cologne) try to pass by on Wednesdays 18.00 at our weekly Vespa Meeting Point close to the Rhine River.

Regards,
Matthias (will probably travel - by car - in summer to the UK)
Matthias

https://faehrengaeng.net/

Bild

Das Fahren einer Vespa GTS 300 kann süchtig machen!

greatone
Vespa: GTS 250ABS

#8 Beitrag von greatone » Mi 31. Mär 2010, 23:12

Hello Smudger!

Welcome from Munich in Bavaria!

Bild
Foto of Robert Marschelewski

It is a great pleasure to know somebody in GB! I am sure that for all of my colleagues here in the forum, you and your friends are more than welcome.

I joined the forum last year when my wife and I started the lessons for our driver license for motorbikes. Meanwhile we are allowed since last autumn to ride big Vespas and we do it each with a GTS 250 ABS.

But never, never mention within this forum the word ABS, otherwise there will be an endless discussion about sense or nonsense. :lol:

For me it is very exciting to write in english, too. Sorry for the mistakes and grammar errors! Hope you can live with this? Perhaps it is a good idea to ask our administrator Flori to open a special category for threads in English only.

I use a blog to write about Vespa stuff, but up to now it is only in German. But perhaps you may have a look to Vespamenschen. Additional I use a twitter account to communicate with the English speaking world: twitter.com/vespafreund. So I would be proud to have you and some others from your forum as follower.

Hopefully you or some of your friend arrive to come some time to Munich. My wife Susan and me would be very happy to show you the Bavarian capital Munich, by VESPA of course. Or perhaps you are interested in doing a short tour to the Bavarian Alps or with a one day trip we can go as well to Austria and within two days it is possible to go for a real Italian pizza to Italy!

Anywhere in Germany you will find a group of VESPA drivers who meet from time to time or on a regularly base and they are united in this forum. I am sure all of them, they will be happy to meet English Vespa fans.

So whenever you come to Germany don't hesitate to connect here within the forum the wide base of German VESPA fans. More or less, we all here in this forum are running automatic VESPAs, but there are many guys,too who now to handle a non automatic as well and are very smart to do all the repair on their own.

Some of us run professional VESPA or scooter service points.

You will find people with 60 and more years as well as people who still have to wait until they are allowed to go for a driver license, because the are 16 and younger.

If you are interested or need help in a special thread and your interests goes beyond an automatic translation ;) , don't hesitate to ask for help, many of us know quite reasonable to speak and to write English. So we are open to do for you the translation.

Above it was already mentioned that some of us are going to do a tour to London and Brighton this may. I am sorry that me and my wife aren't able to join this year our Brighton gang. But I am sure, we will arrive to come somewhen to GB as well and I will be very happy to meet you.

So for the moment I wish you a good season with your Vespa and hopefully good weather. With sun in the face riding a VESPA is minimum two times more fun as to ride with rain! 8-)

Ewald
Zuletzt geändert von greatone am Do 1. Apr 2010, 08:42, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Chiuso per mare troppo blu!

Marathon69

#9 Beitrag von Marathon69 » Do 1. Apr 2010, 01:12

MaPule hat geschrieben:Welcome to the Vespaforum.de
If you are traveling in our area (Bonn, Cologne) try to pass by on Wednesdays 18.00 at our weekly Vespa Meeting Point close to the Rhine River.
Regards,
Matthias (will probably travel - by car - in summer to the UK)
Zum ersten Mal bin ich sprachlos und komme nicht mal zum kommentieren!
Früher war mehr Lambretta!
Bild

Matt

#10 Beitrag von Matt » Do 1. Apr 2010, 07:24

Zum ersten Mal bin ich sprachlos und komme nicht mal zum kommentieren!
No problem, you can speak in german too :mrgreen:
Matthias

Bild

frejuse
Vespa: GTS125

#11 Beitrag von frejuse » Do 1. Apr 2010, 09:52

what a community! :) it is so good to hear that you have a nice time with your bike :lol: :lol: :lol: welcome to the forum :lol: greets from Berlin -frejuse- 8-)
GTS 125 verleiht Flügel

Bild

Bild

Marathon69

#12 Beitrag von Marathon69 » Fr 2. Apr 2010, 02:12

Manchmal habe ich ernsthaft Angst, daß sich die Welt nicht weiterdreht....

Bild

Matt

#13 Beitrag von Matt » Fr 2. Apr 2010, 07:59

Marathon69 hat geschrieben:Manchmal habe ich ernsthaft Angst, daß sich die Welt nicht weiterdreht....
WOW !
Matthias

Bild

celentano65
Vespa: GTS und 3 Schalter
Land: Österreich

#14 Beitrag von celentano65 » Fr 2. Apr 2010, 14:14

Ciao Mark,

hello and welcome here :bier:
Gruß aus Wien Thomas.

Bild http://www.vfcd.eu

Antworten