Karosserie-Umbauten / Motor-Tuning!
Nachricht
Autor
GTS-Peter
Vespa: GTS 300 Super Sport
Land: Deutschland
Re: GTS300 wont start - Flooding?

#46 Beitrag von GTS-Peter » Di 25. Sep 2018, 06:54

If it was really flooded, you would see black smoke coming out of the exhaust when it starts after having the issue. Flooding is a very unlikely issue for an injection controlled engine.

Have you ever personally smelled the petrol when having the problem? Is the spark plug wet of fuel when you turn it out?

Mike Holland
Vespa: GTS300 x 2
Land: Australia

#47 Beitrag von Mike Holland » Mi 26. Sep 2018, 23:59

Peter, I cannot test for blue smoke or wet pug because my scooter is starting perfectly now. After I fitted the new ECU I had one experience of the scooter not starting. So I don't know if the problem is resolved or not. I have taken the scooter on several long loop rides, but not stopping and switching the engine off while away from home. After the rides, I have started it again, and again several hours later, and it keeps starting perfectly.

My problem now is that I don't trust the scooter, because of that one failure to start after fitting the ECU. It is such a nuisance getting stuck away from home and having to call road service.

Berny1900
Vespa: GT

#48 Beitrag von Berny1900 » Do 27. Sep 2018, 20:18

Sell the bitch.

Don't waste your time. Don't get angry anymore. Life is too short to bother.

Sell it now.
Keine Termine und leicht einen sitzen.

Vilstaler
Vespa: eine 2020-er

#49 Beitrag von Vilstaler » Fr 28. Sep 2018, 12:51

It´s nice to be a preiss, but it´s higher to be a bayer :D Musste mal zwischendurch gesagt werden ;)
GTS 300 HPE Super Tech schwarz Dez. 2020

mikesch
Vespa: ET4 M04
Land: GER/NRW/OWL

#50 Beitrag von mikesch » Fr 28. Sep 2018, 16:43

Maybe it's really best to sell the scooter the way it is and stop bothering about it.
You have already put in too much time and energy.
Your dealer should take them in payment, then you have the least trouble.
Der Mensch hat dreierlei Wege klug zu handeln: durch Nachdenken ist der edelste, durch Nachahmen der einfachste, durch Vespa fahren der sinnigste.

GTS-Peter

#51 Beitrag von GTS-Peter » Fr 28. Sep 2018, 21:28

If you want to get rid of it, sell it. But in my opinion it can't be a big problem. It's just a scooter. It's not rocket science. So the problem is not fixing the problem but more finding out what the problem really is. I won't stop searching until I have found it.

Mike Holland

#52 Beitrag von Mike Holland » Sa 29. Sep 2018, 08:52

I would hate to sell this scooter. It has a Malossi V4 head ands cylinder, aftermarket brake callipers and shocks, Akra exhaust, air-filter mod, Malossi clutch springs, Polini torsion spring, Audicator turn signal beeper, wheels painted to match the scooter, metal knee-pads painted to match, solo saddle, larger injector, Malossi lambda emulator. I have put a terrific amount of work into it and it is a delight to ride and looks beautiful.

Since I installed a new ECU it has started perfectly every time except once, the day after fitting it. So I don't know yet whether I can trust it. I have been riding it most days, and yesterday for the first time I stopped twice far from home, and it started again perfectly. So is it fixed? But for that one incident I would say yes. Guess I just keep riding, with my fingers crossed.

Mike Holland

#53 Beitrag von Mike Holland » Di 2. Okt 2018, 13:09

Took the scooter out for a lengthy run today, with several stops along the way. The scooter started effortlessly on each occasion. Apart from that one hiccup the day after, it has started perfectly every time since I replaced the ECU.

So the new ECU did the job and I now pronounce my scooter fixed. I guess I have beaten the odds by having two faulty ECUs, one after the other. Everyone said this was virtually impossible.

I have re-installed the lambda emulator which I had removed while diagnosing the problem. It does make a difference to the take-off. Have also reset the ASR. I had been having a few hesitations on take-off, and I guess a new ECU has to learn the configuration of the scooter - wheel sizes and inflation, etc. I presume the ASR brains are in the ECU.

Mike

GTS-Peter

#54 Beitrag von GTS-Peter » Di 2. Okt 2018, 14:07

Hey Mike, congratulations. A very unusual problem to have two faulty ECU ..

Fingers crossed that the problem is really finally fixed.

Antworten